Sunday, January 10, 2010

Pearl Beaded Bracelet

Multi-Strand Pearl and Glass Beaded Bracelet


custom beaded jewelry
This is one of the first handmade beaded bracelets I created using bead wire. The majority of the bracelets I had made up to this point I used stretch cord to string the beads onto. I like the idea of one size fits all.

I used some beads from a necklace that I had which broke when I wore it once. I had saved the beads all this time thinking I would find someone to repair it for me.

Little did I know that I actually would be the one to create custom beaded jewelry with the beads. The pearls are dyed a peacock color that will take on whatever color is being worn. It is really cool to see the pearls turn a green shade when you are wearing green, or a purple when that color is being worn.

I try to make all the jewelry I create unique, one of a kind pieces and with this bracelet I used some glass beads to mix it up a bit. The pearls and glass weren't enough alone, so I added a strand of silver tube beads which makes it look like a silver chain when worn.

I welcome any and all opinions, comments and critiques. Let me know what you think of this pearl beaded bracelet.

No comments:

Post a Comment