Friday, January 8, 2010

Multi-Strand Bead Necklace

MULTI-STRAND GLASS BEAD NECKLACE


multi strand bead necklace

For this multi-strand bead necklace I was playing with colors. Using teal, green, purple and transluscent glass seed beads in different shades, the the colors play off each other wonderfully.

This one probably took over 4 hours to create mainly because of the small size of the glass beads, but it was fun to finally finish this piece. Since I started making beaded jewelry, I have been looking at jewelry other gals are wearing and getting my inspiration from them.

My friend told me multi-strand bead necklaces are very difficult to get just right, especially for a beginner (like myself), I decided to try, just to see for myself how 'hard' it would be, and ... wallah....this is the multi-strand bead necklace I came up with.

This is actually 9 different bead strands, how is that for a multi strand bead necklace? I didn't think this was that difficult, just a bit tedious with the tiny glass beads I used. I am having so much fun creating different pieces and learning more and more about beading. I am also excited to hear your comments and opinions about my pieces.

So tell me what you think about this multi-strand bead necklace, I welcome and would love to hear your opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment