Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Clear and Smokey Quartz Nugget Set

For this handmade beaded necklace and bracelet set, I used semi-precious gemstones.  I like different, and felt I could create a unique piece using the large quartz nuggets. 




Using the large quartz nuggets and some medium green agate nuggets, I wanted to create a focal for both the necklace and bracelet.  Then I found these wonderful sterling spacer beads that added some depth between the agate and quartz nuggets.

Originally I was going to string the whole necklace and bracelet with the quartz nugget, green agate and silver spacer beads.  Turned out that just seemed way to much, so I looked for something that would size down the pieces.

I found some grey/green serpentine tubes, that pulled all the colors together. Between the grey/green serpentine I strung some wee little sterling silver round beads between the serpentine tubes.  I love the way the serpentine played off the colors of the quartz and agate.  Let me know your opinion by leaving a comment.

I never would have thought I could create anything, my mother was always the creative one in our family.  I am having such fun creating different and unique pieces of jewelry that my husband has been calling me a 'junkie' (bead junkie that is).

Would you purchase this quartz nugget set if you saw it somewhere on sale?  What kind of price would you be willing to pay?

I would love to hear from you.  Critiques, comments and even questions about any of the handmade custom jewelry posts are welcome.

Have a wonderful Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment